NCIS: Los Angeles
While I didn't expect anything to beat the original, this show isn't half bad. I mean it has its moments, and the mystery surrounding Callen's past intrigues me, but it seems to be finding its feet nicely and we are ending the first season here soon, so it should be interesting. If I had some critism, it would be that aside from Callen and Sam, the rest of the 'team' doesn't seem to be gelling all that well yet. Then again that's to be expected with a first season, and I can't remember if we're supposed to know how long these guys have been working together.
I can also kinda take or leave some of the story lines and my concentration can waver at times - but that might say more about me than the actual program as it's on a bit late, right after NCIS. I love this franchise so I'm willing to give it time to grow. :)
Resource credit to: yunhe , nivani , jordannamorgan , iconraven , me_chinny , miggy , rhcp_csi , vintagesol , overevery , jellycapsule , innocent_lexys , antonini , cla22ire , nokitas , generosa , lore_85 , izachin & cielo_gris .
I need some cheering up. Just watched the season 2 finale of Burn Notice - why the hell didn't anyone give that man an Emmy nom?!?!?! Michael/Victor Cuba fic? Anything???
12 x The Simpsons
08 x NCIS
04 x Stargate
04 x Mythbusters
Resource credit to: roughseas , damerel , miggy , ch4ndler , rhcp_csi & Adam Savage.
Tonight's NCIS was interesting - Legend Part 2. Most of the Rivkin stuff was predictable, but, I think I've found a new fun slash pairing in Callen/Hanna. I'm sure the rest of the new characters will grow on me once they're fleshed out a little. The Tony and Ziva stuff is getting a little hard to read, maybe they're jamming too many different meanings in their brief interactions. It's fun having the saucy little love/hate thing going, but it's getting to the point where they're both acting a little out of character. Ziva is cold and distant in a way that deliberatly makes her look suspect, and Tony is overly agressive with her in his questioning (fueled by her secrecy when it comes to a matter concerning NCIS of course). I read the spoilers, so I do know what happens in the last two episodes. I guess I'll have to wait and see for myself how that pans out on screen.
And Torri's going to be back on NCIS *SQUEE!!!!!!!!!*
Bugger me running... *snerk*
As for tonight's ep, wow, the emotional punches did deliver. Notables were Gibbs not having it in him to open Jenny's body bag, Abby dropping the cds and losing it on the floor, and Tony and Ziva having a drink together in the morgue. (I do wonder if there is a missing scene in there, because when they arrived up in the office area they exchanged some strange looks, especially after talking about Gibbs and Jenny's relationship - or maybe I'm looking too much into things?)
Gibbs and Franks burning Jenny's house down, wow. I almost wanted to like Vance because he covered it up, but it seems he has his own agenda.
And the team being torn apart at the end? Ouch. That just makes it hurt so much more. I'm glad we don't have to wait too long to find out what's going on there!
Snerked from wannatee_1984
Can you name 13 LJ Friends right off the top of your head? Don't read the questions underneath the cut until you write the names of all 13 people. This is a lot funnier if you actually randomly list the names first. No cheating!
Name your top six TV shows right now, before reading the questions.
1. Stargate SG-1
2. Stargate: Atlantis
3. The Chaser’s War On Everything
6. The Simpsons
Choose 12 characters from various fandoms, then answer the questions below. Mine:
1. Captain Jack Harkness (Torchwood)
2. Ianto Jones (Torchwood)
3. Leroy Jethro Gibbs (NCIS)
4. Jack O’Neill (SG-1)
5. Daniel Jackson (SG-1)
6. Vala Mal Doran (SG-1)
7. Alan Shore (Boston Legal)
8. Denny Crane (Boston Legal)
9. Elizabeth Weir (Stargate Atlantis)
10. John Shepard (Stargate Atlantis)
11. Angus MacGyver (MacGyver)
12. Aeryn Sun (Farscape)
1) Who would make a better college professor, 6 or 11? What subjects would they teach?
Vala or MacGyver – Well MacGyver is the obvious choice really. He’d teach all the scientific subjects, and still have time to get some troubled kids off the streets and defuse a bomb with a paperclip and some gum. I could see Vala crashing…or rather causing some wicked parties dude…
2) Do you think 4 is hot? How hot?
Jack O’Neill? Is this a joke? The man defines hot.
3) 12 sends 8 on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed?
Aeryn sends Denny on a mission – when Crighton is arrested on an unknown world for eating cracker people™ Aeryn employs Denny Crane to represent him in an alien court of law. The mission, through vague yet morally complex means is of course a success when Denny wins the case and goes home with a fascinating, not to mention flexible grey alien girl…
4) What is or would be 9's favorite book?
Elizabeth Weir has all the Harry Potter e-books on her PDA…
5) Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around?
Um…’fealty’? *scurries off to dictionary.com…scurries back* Oh most definitely Ianto will swear fealty to Vala. He’ll follow her around like a puppy, but he’ll surprise her with a few kinks of his own…
6) For some reason, 5 is looking for a roommate. Should he share a studio apartment with 9 or with 10?
Daniel has to choose between Elizabeth and Shep? I think Daniel should share with Elizabeth. They could argue philosophy and converse in other languages around the house, just because they could, and be totally cool with giving one another heaps of space.
7) 2, 7 and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
Ianto, Alan and Aeryn all have dinner together. Ianto and Alan take Aeryn to a fancy restaurant. They discuss tales of the ancient Greek wars asking Aeryn’s ideas on how victory could have been bought about more swiftly. After dinner Aeryn comments on the beauty of Alan’s penis. Ianto agrees.
8) 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens?
Gibbs challenges Sheppard to a duel. Gibbs kicks Sheppard’s ass of course before letting him believe he’s slowing wearing the older man down. Shep lets his guard down allowing Gibbs to kick his ass again. Afterwards Shep is ‘Gibbs slapped™’ and they go out for a beer.
9) If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would he get it back?
Capt. Jack stole Denny Crane’s Shirley Schmidt Ho! Well Denny would threaten Jack, maybe even shot him a couple of times. In the end, Jack’ll tell Denny he was captivated by Shirley’s innate beauty, then sleep with both of them.
10) Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire.
Alan Shore and Aeryn Sun. Well it may just be me, but Alan suggests ‘sleepovers’ far more than Denny does, and aside from the obvious sexual connotations, it seems he is in want of inner peace. Same with Aeryn. She’s faced with what she’s done in the past when she was a peacekeeper and finding out who she is now. Smoosh the two together and you get ‘Peaceful Relations’ – lame I know…
11) What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together?
Jack O’Neill and Capt. Jack Harkness. I’d figure Torchwood three were allowed access to the SGC to look for clues as to some alien incursion upon which Jack (O’Neill) is placed in charge of helping the guests out with their search. The two obviously butt heads to begin with, but then find a common ground on which to build an understanding. Capt. Jack even challenges Daniel’s title of ‘most shameless flirt’.
12) If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
If Alan Shore visited me for the weekend…you wouldn’t see me until Monday…
13) If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
I would get Gibbs to teach me all his super-duper-orgasmatronic-ninja-awesome mind tricks. I wanna sneak up on people like that…
14) Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11?
MacGyver? I know there are a few fans, as for whether they’d participate in that way, I don’t think so. But I do, does that count?
15) If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be?
If Ianto had to choose sides between Jack O’Neill and Daniel Jackson. This is tough. Ianto is quite emotional, so I could see him siding with Daniel, yet he also understands what has to be done, has to be done (especially after Lisa). Hmm, I suppose I’ll choose Daniel, since they are alike in that they both don’t listen all that well to their superiors except when it works for them or they agree.
16) What might 10 shout while charging into battle?
Sheppard will shout “RODNEY!!!” As it will undoubtedly be his fault…
17) If you could chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose?
Denny Crane – “American Pie” by Don McLean.
18) 1, 6 and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
Capt. Jack Harkness, Vala and Aeryn Sun? Aeryn, coz damn, she’s sick of space crackers… :P
19) What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10?
Ianto’s pick-up line to Sheppard: “Care for a bite of Welsh crumpet?”
20) What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
Daniel will most likely be arrested for public nudity the next time he descends and finds himself in a shopping mall or something.
21) What is 6's secret?
Vala finds it hard to love It’s also what has gotten her by in her previous line of work.
22) If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
MacGyver and Dr Weir. Well Weir has access to a puddle jumper, but she’s have to have someone fly it for her, on the other hand, Mac could probably build himself some mode of transportation with some toothpicks and a stapler. I suppose it depends how far away this destination is. Weir could just go by Stargate…
23) 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that 11 is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest." What title would you give this fic? Name three people on your friends list who might read it. Name one person who should write it.
Capt. Jack Harkness and Elizabeth Weir reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by Jack O’Neill’s sinister secret organization. MacGyver volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that MacGyver is actually a spy for Jack O’Neill (whoda thunk!). Meanwhile, Jack O’Neill has kidnapped Aeryn Sun in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of Daniel Jackson, they seek out Leroy Jethro Gibbs, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. I'd call this fic "Crimes of the Hot" (because I love to rip off Futurama), I can’t imagine anyone on my flist actually reading it, but if I had to choose someone to write it, it would be sg_wonderland…I would then be indebted to her and allow her to beat me over the head with a large carrot…
24) If you had to walk home through a bad neighbourhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8?
Alan or Denny? If I wanted to get home with any sort of purity left, then neither. But I suppose Denny, because he could always shoot any attackers.